How God Answered My Prayer Was More Than I asked

“The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.  I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs.
Isaiah 41:17-18

Two months ago, I lost my side job. The owner told me that she couldn't pay me and other writers because the cost was too high. She didn't have sponsors to fund her site. The maintenance cost was high and I guess the earning from the ads couldn't cover it. My heart sank because I needed the money.  I had planned how I would manage my finance with the money. But then,  things went south. To be brutally honest,  my main job couldn't cover some of my needs.  The salary only enough to cover the basic.  I could survive with the basic but I wanted to help my parents and youngest sister.  I feel it is my responsibility. Also I had planned to save money to marry when I found a woman I loved.
I was confused and scared.  I didn't know what to do or where I could get additional jobs.
You need to know I was just rebuilding my relationship with God.  I had and even am still struggling with some personal issues. These issues affected the way I perceived Him. I acknowledged that deeply inside my heart I'm battling with doubts, fear and suspicion toward God. These issues were rooted from bad experiences I had years ago.
So I came to God our Father.  I prayed that He would give certain amount of money enough for December 2016. I thought I would try to find solutions for January and other months.  Fixing things with my own plans and ways. I prayed with fear and doubts in my heart. But I didn't lie to God, I just told Him what I felt. I asked Him to take care of me like a father takes care of his son. But I had these doubts and fear. "Help this son of Yours who has little faith, Father, " I prayed.
I also contacted one fellow blogger friend.  He once offered me freelance job. But I rejected because I was busy. He told me he had jobs, but then we lost contact since he got busy. I lost hope on his offers. But I kept praying.
Before November ended, he contacted me again about the jobs. We negotiated the salary and the amount we agreed just the same as the amount I asked God.
So I thought I finally secured my future at least for a month. Thanks God. But apparently God didn't stop there. I got additional money from AdSense earning and my side project with my friends.  The total was enough for three months.  Just imagine,  I prayed that God gave me money enough for a month. I didn't have courage to ask for more. I admitted that I had doubts and fear. You know I thought that if I had doubts and fear, if my faith wasn't big enough I didn't meet the requirements to pray and received the answer.  But, it seemed it didn't stop God answered my prayed.  My weaknesses didn't stop my Father to bless me. I think it's in His heart to love and bless me.
This week,  I had this impression where God promised to bless me abundantly.  A salary of a month is too many that it can be used for months.  And the salary from the next month can be used for several months.  So, I can save money and still have more than enough for me and my family.
I asked God to confirm this impression with His word from Bible and other channels. I will update the story to see how God will do another miracles for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Is The Creator of Indomie Taste?

Indomie Vintage Limited Edition Review

Will Gedheg Dripper Become Indonesian's Unique Coffee Dripper?